Health Advice

Health Advice

Before you travel you should take advice about your specific needs as early as possible,
but a minimum of 8 weeks prior to travel.

You should consult with your GP, practice nurse or travel health clinic
for recommendations and advice.

The Foreign and Commonwealth Travel Advice Unit has up-to-date information for most destinations
visit www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice, select the destination you require and click on ‘health’.

Further travel health advice can be found on

For more information on vaccinations visit the National Travel Health Network Centre

If you are visiting a European Union (EU) country, it is recommended that you should travel with a UK Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC)
This has replaced the EHIC card. If you have an existing EHIC card and it is in date, you can continue to use it until it expires. Then you should apply for a GHIC card.
It is free to obtain, and you can apply here

Some travel insurance policies require you to obtain a GHIC card
– please check before you travel.